My adventures in pregnancy, motherhood and beyond

Please enjoy the musings and updates and leave me a comment if you'd like!

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

34 Weeks

How far along: 34 weeks
Total weight gain: ?
Favourite clothes: PJs
Sleeping: Horribly
Best Moment: My mom getting here, and G going absolutely nuts
Worst Moment: I've been sick all week, but we've been running around all week
Miss anything: I would really love a glass of wine
Cravings: Nothing out of the ordinary, really
New symptoms: Same old, same old. Contractions and fatigue
Looking forward to: The ultrasound on Thursday
Crafting: Gotta finish up the cupcake hats, and hopefully work on some of the other projects

Sunday was the last day of camp! There was a luncheon that all the parents were invited to. G and I stayed for a while, but he was really fussy and tired. James helped me get him home, but James spent the rest of Sunday and all of Monday cleaning up camp and wrapping up any final details. I started feeling sick on Monday, but there's no rest for the mother of a toddler.

The rest of the week was spent pretty much the same way. James was home, which was great, and we spent the days running around to various home improvement stores, picking up light fixtures, sinks, faucets, medicine cabinets, stain for the stairs, etc. On Wednesday, some of the windows were installed and it turns out one of the windows was 1 inch too small to fit. So now Lowe's is having to fight with the manufacturer, and either way we're waiting on a new window to be made. Each side says they had the correct measurements, so who knows where the breakdown in communications was.

Wednesday we also met with the woman who's doing the placenta encapsulation. She seems nice, and gave us a brief description of how it would go. I'm looking forward to it and hoping that it'll help with the healing and energy and milk and keeping PPD at bay. Since we were already in Pensacola, we were able to return the extra flooring we had and pick up T-molds and some more unfinished maple for the stairs. We were also able to drive a little farther and meet James' parents for lunch. It was good to see them, and James' dad brought the trailer, which will be very helpful for moving from camp.

Thursday the appliances were delivered and the cabinets installed. The doors and drawers are going to be added on Monday along with the bathroom vanity. The countertops probably won't be installed until next weekend, unless there's a cancellation. I'm really not sure about when we're moving, or if we can stay at camp til the house is completely done, but it'll work out I'm sure. Friday was more of the same, but James had a baseball game to go to in Pensacola that night. Originally, G and I were going to join him, but by Friday I was put on antibiotics and G had started coughing too. I sounded like Christian Bale's batman. I should've recorded myself reading G's books to him with that voice. We were both beat and he went down pretty easily for me, though I spent a few hours passed out on his bed before I woke up and headed to bed myself.

Saturday was definitely great. It was relatively chill. My mom arrived around noon and G was so excited. He just started bouncing off the walls! He'd had a half a grilled cheese for lunch (first time) and he was just so psyched. It was hard to get him down for his nap, but he did nap. I rested while Mom and James unloaded the mini van she was driving into the trailer (see, very useful!) We drove to the Pensacola airport to drop off the minivan and had dinner at Bonefish Grill (YUM!) G did pretty well, though he did get fussy toward the end. Our meal was comped because they really messed up our order, which was a nice surprise and a really nice gesture on their part. G fell asleep in the car on the way home and was out cold pretty quickly from such a full day! I am so grateful that my mom can be here to help us move and help out once the baby arrives. G has loved having her here already, and she will be so helpful as my energy and patience seem to continue getting lower and shorter. Only 45 days left!!!

34 weeks: Mermaid is the size of a bridled parrotfish
G wanted to make some additions to this week's chalkboard

This is being honest about which pants I'm usually in ;)
Mom swears my bump is already sticking out an inch more than when she got here a few days ago

No comments:

Post a Comment