My adventures in pregnancy, motherhood and beyond

Please enjoy the musings and updates and leave me a comment if you'd like!

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

33 Weeks

How far along: 33 weeks
Total weight gain: +16 lbs
Favourite clothes: Do blankets count as clothing?
Sleeping: Terribly
Best Moment: Hearing Mermaid's heartbeat
Worst Moment: Migraines
Miss anything: A dishwasher
Cravings: Sushi, nutella
New symptoms: Heartburn is back, contractions still strong
Looking forward to: So many things! 1) Camp being OVER 2) Having my hubby back 3) Mom arriving next week! 4) Meeting the person who will be encapsulating the placenta
Crafting: Finishing up the prototype cupcake hat (first item for sale maybe?), and the wave blanket. Mom is bringing some yarn to try for the cupcake hat (the one I had didn't work out)

You know your weeks are long and busy when you can't remember specific things from less than a week ago. I'm going to assume the days that I can't remember were relatively uneventful. Like Sunday and Tuesday.

I had signed G up for all 5 days of daycare this week. I spent all Monday morning running errands, and didn't even manage to finish everything. 4 hours of errands is way more exhausting that it used to be. Despite having a good day at daycare, G ended up clingy, tantrum-y and refused to sleep. I ended up falling asleep in his bed trying to get him to sleep and woke up with his face literally on top of mine, my arm asleep at 11 pm. I still had to do dishes, fold laundry and cook something for his lunch the next day. I was washing dishes at 1:30 am and James had just gotten home and was taking a shower. I heard him say something to me, but couldn't understand what, so I stopped washing dishes, and went to the door, where I heard James tell me there was a spider on the floor. Sure enough, there it was by my foot. I'm surprised my scream didn't wake G up. I was so irrationally mad at James for making me kill the spider (he was just getting out of the shower) and we finally ended up going to bed at 2 am. I knew how ridiculous I was being, and that made me decide that I definitely need to put some more effort into going to bed at a reasonable time.

Wednesday and Thursday were the break days between sessions. On Wednesday, James and I ran by the house to see the wood floor that was being installed! I was worried it might look cheap because we went with a laminate, but it looks great. It looks nice, warm and inviting, and works well with the kitchen floor. James then took me by a cupcake shop to finally satisfy my cupcake craving. I had a delicious cupcake called Italian Creme. It wasn't Sprinkles, but the icing was actually much better and it was sooooo good. Then he took me by Zaxby's for fried pickles (another craving). It was like craving day or something! G did not want to nap, but eventually did. Since there was no camp session, we had dinner at home, which makes G so much easier to deal with at night.

Thursday we dealt with more house stuff and stopped to get some coffee before going to the OB appointment (the normally scheduled one). Everything looks good. The doctor said he would be very surprised if the single vessel cord affected her growth at all, since she's growing great right now. I am definitely all belly at this point, which is so different than my last pregnancy, where I just blew up like a balloon. You know you're in trouble though when even your doctor is shocked/surprised by the amount of movement he feels (she kicked him hard, twice). I think I might be giving birth to a whirlwind of energy in the form of a little girl. (Like mama, like daughter, right?) G loved having James around in the afternoon, but he did stay up late working on the last few things for the LAST camp session. He also had fun letting Pippin clean up the rice he'd gotten all over himself during dinner. He even figured out that putting rice on his knee made her more likely to eat it, so he would replace the rice after she ate it. It was pretty adorable.

Friday was a bad day. I woke up with nausea and a migraine. Tylenol did not cut it. I slept a bit after dropping him off at school, but it didn't appease the migraine gods. It was a very difficult day. The kids arrived between 1 and 3 (naptime) and the rest of the afternoon was difficult, though I did make myself take him outside for a while. Unfortunately, that ended in a tantrum when he couldn't play with the balls in the chapel (it was bring him in or risk a tantrum outside the door...I should've gone with the latter). Dinner was difficult, and it took 2 hours to put him to bed. He is just so squirmy and won't settle, finding any way to keep himself awake. Plus, he's so frustrated about being tired that he lashes out at us physically We leave when this happens, but it's difficult to leave him screaming. However, my face can only take so much scratching. It seems limited to me and James, which is both good and bad. At least our babysitters won't be running for the hills.

Saturday was a long day. My migraine wasn't as bad, but it wasn't gone either. I brought G to the games field in the morning since they were doing water day with the campers. I feel much more comfortable letting him run around with this age group (1st, 2nd, and 3rd graders) since they're closer to his height and he's in their sight line. The older kids don't look around their knees for a little kid and he's gotten knocked over a few times, but this age group sees him. He had a blast with those sponge balls, squeezing them against his forehead, water running down his face. He ran around for  good 40 minutes. The counselors are great about helping keep an eye on him, and they love him, which is great! He only lost it when the kids started on the shaving cream fight. He does NOT like being messy (weird boy), and got very upset that there was shaving cream on him. James helped me rinse off my dirty, soaking wet child before lunch, where he was almost falling asleep. Naptime was still a struggle, and he was definitely testing my patience and the limits this afternoon. James came by and asked if he could do anything, and he ended up taking him for a while, letting me sleep off some of the pounding in my head. It was another rough dinner and took 1.5 hours to get him to sleep. That includes the 15 minutes when I just walked out after he bit and scratched me (reminiscent of naptime). I don't know why it's so hard for him to get comfortable, but it's like as soon as he feels himself falling asleep, he squirms more or starts kicking the wall or anything to keep himself awake. And it always seems that as soon as he's about to drift off the dogs bark or there's a particularly loud crack of thunder. By the time he finally goes to sleep I'm so exhausted that I can't do anything: not the dishes or laundry, or even fun stuff for me, like finally finishing the french knot sprinkles or working on the wave blanket. I'm truly a "mombie" after bedtime. It's my personal hell. James has been working late to finish up this session and I know that he has a completely different challenge to deal with at this session: parents. I'll leave it at that, but I've seen a lot of "I don't want to be that person" behaviour this weekend.

Just a few more hours of camp to get through tomorrow and it's over! I can't wait! I can't wait to see James for more than a few minutes at a time and to have him home at a normal, sane time at night. Hopefully he can catch up on his rest and help me with G. I know we'll be living at camp a bit longer than we expected while at least the second level in the house is being finished, but the hours should be different. Either way, there's a lot to look forward to in the next few weeks! My mom should arrive next Friday or Saturday, camp is ending, James will be around more, we meet the person doing the placenta encapsulation on Wednesday, G will be in the 1 year old classroom (he will always be one of the oldest thanks to a Sept 1st cut off date), and we get another ultrasound on James' birthday to check up on our girl. It's a lot of good stuff!

She looks so small this way

33 weeks: Mermaid is the size of a dusky batfish

I was forced to take a side-on one. She is all out in front of me

No comments:

Post a Comment