My adventures in pregnancy, motherhood and beyond

Please enjoy the musings and updates and leave me a comment if you'd like!

Friday, August 1, 2014

30 Weeks

How far along: 30 Weeks (when did that happen?)
Total weight gain: ?
Favourite clothes: I feel the need to get dressed to drop off and pick up G, but I really want to stay in pyjamas and sleep all day!
Sleeping: Toss, turn, get up to pee, toss, turn, hips shift, turn again, repeat. Do people actually sleep at night?
Best Moment: Seeing G curled up reading with James in the mornings is heart-melting
Worst Moment: Days off are not truly days off at camp.
Miss anything: As usual, a full night's sleep, uninterrupted by discomfort and getting up to pee
Cravings: A big, juicy burger. Yum.
New symptoms: My hips literally shift when I turn at night. The whole thing.
Looking forward to: Our second ultrasound is coming next week!

Sunday was the last day of the 4th and 5th grade camp. I can't say I was upset; maybe it's just the age, but I spent most of the mealtimes (the most time I spend with them) trying to avoid being stepped on/slammed into when getting food and worrying that they were going to run G over since none of them seemed to take notice of their surroundings. Plus I was looking forward to eating meals in the air conditioned dining hall again instead of on the porch.

Monday was our hospital pre-admit visit. We got to see the maternity wing at the hospital, and though all the labour rooms were occupied, it all seemed very similar to St. Joseph's, though the nursery wasn't as open. The woman who checks you in is one of the lactation consultants, so it was nice to know that they're available, and everything I asked about was accepted without the blink of an eye. (For those of you who don't know, I've decided to get my placenta encapsulated this time.)

The day before a camp session starts is always stressful. I feel like it should be a day off, since no campers are here, but there's so much stuff that James has to prep that he often ends up working into the wee hours of the morning. Tuesday was no exception, and Wednesday the 5th and 6th graders arrived. Again, it was a really relaxed week since it seemed like we had pouring rain and thunder every afternoon; it knocked the power out quite a few times. I did a lot of unpacking, laundry and errands in the mornings. G and I had lots of movie afternoons and snacks and playing inside after his naps. We did take his trike out a few times, and he's been having a blast riding it around camp (up to the chapel) and also up and down the hall in the cabin. He also spent one afternoon playing in the dirt while the kids played Quidditch, though quite a few of them ended up playing with him instead. He's very popular at camp :)

I stopped by the house a few times and it's looking great! They finally got the inspection done on Friday, and Dan was able to get the drywall team in on Saturday, so it's really coming along nicely. It's much more fleshed out now that we can see where the walls are instead of just studs, and I can't wait to see it when it's all done. I'm especially looking forward to the dishwasher!

30 weeks: Our Mermaid is the size of a vermillion sea bass

Growing, growing, growing!

No comments:

Post a Comment