My adventures in pregnancy, motherhood and beyond

Please enjoy the musings and updates and leave me a comment if you'd like!

Thursday, July 24, 2014

29 Weeks

How far along: 29 weeks
Total weight gain: ?
Favourite clothes: Any pants that still fit without a full panel!
Sleeping: Terribly thanks to the hip pain
Best Moment: Sleeping in and a delicious breakfast the day I got back
Worst Moment: Nothing terrible
Miss anything: California.
Cravings: Candy. Lots and lots of candy.
New symptoms: Increased back pain
Looking forward to: Our pre-admit appointment at the hospital
Crafting: A scarf, a blanket and planning out Baby's hat. This involved lots of notes and nerves as I only have one skein of the right colour!

Since there was a longer than usual break over 4th of July, James had everything done sooner, and his days off were actually days off! We were still at camp, but having him around more made such a difference. He let me sleep in (til noon!) on Sunday; I wasn't even aware he and G were awake I was so exhausted from the day before. I got woken up by a plate full of scrambled eggs, bacon and blueberry pancakes made with blueberries from the farm down the road. Absolutely delicious!

The next day was full of errands and work. We ended the day at a local restaurant, Old 27 Grill, and had a wonderful meal. It's pretty much open air, so there's not much air conditioning, but G was enjoying the booth which had a window into the kitchen and would wave at anyone and everyone inside! He was also thoroughly enjoying drinking water out of a straw. I still can't believe how grown up he's looking.

When camp started again we ran into some other issues. This camp session was full to bursting, with 120 campers. This meant that very rarely did we find two seats together at dinner. We ended up eating out on the porch a few times, and every morning, not something I'm that fond of with bugs and humidity. It was better in the mornings, but at dinner, I'd make sure we were early after the first night. That first night culminated with me trading G bites: he could have a bite of my ice cream sandwich, but only after he took a big bite of corn. He loves corn, but once he saw the ice cream, that was his focus. I got him to eat all his corn this way, and I'm going to consider the whole situation a win.

He did great being back at daycare and I enjoyed relaxing while he was at school. The bugs make me want to stay inside all the time: twenty bites just on ONE foot in the first few days I got back. Yuck. The only swelled and started itching after I put bug spray on my feet the next day. Really? I wish that our world's ecology could have developed in such a way that all biting bugs were now extinct. Or couldn't bite people. Or that G and I weren't allergic.

James has been spoiling me with junk food. I've been off food again since I got back, only wanting junk. I ate so well in California, and I'm not sure why nothing sounds good when I'm here. James brought me a 20 piece chicken nugget box and I ate all but the one piece G filched from me. That's not to mention the candy my parents bought me which is rapidly disappearing, and the cookies and the chips here. Ah well. The doctor said not to worry and just eat whatever sounded good to me.

All in all it was a pretty relaxed first week back; in fact I still haven't unpacked our suitcases fully yet!

She's right in front and making me feel huge!

29 weeks: Baby Girl is the length of a garden eel (~16")



No comments:

Post a Comment