My adventures in pregnancy, motherhood and beyond

Please enjoy the musings and updates and leave me a comment if you'd like!

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

27 Weeks

How far along: 27 weeks
Total weight gain: +10 lbs
Favourite clothes: Still my sweats
Sleeping: Pretty decent, though I toss and turn a lot
Best Moment: Going home!!!
Worst Moment: The flight, so basically all of Tuesday
Miss anything: Flying without children
Cravings: Cheddar and sour cream chips with nutella
New symptoms: Contractions are picking up and can actually make me catch my breath sometimes
Looking forward to: Taking G to Monterey Bay Aquarium for the first time!
Crafting: I need a knitting break, so I'm going to attempt my first chevron/wave blanket and can't wait!!

We celebrated our anniversary on Sunday, trying a new restaurant. It was a huge success and I want to thank James' colleague who suggested Cosmo's because our meal was fantastic and we had a great time, even with a 1 hour+ wait. It's always nice to get out of the house, and it was fun to get an appetizer and (virgin) margarita at the outdoor bar area, then explore the gift shop while we waited for our table. Our meals were fantastic, and I opted for the scallops special while James went with a fantastic stuffed filet. Our babysitter is wonderful and told us again how sweet G was, even at bedtime. I wanted to ask her if she was sure she had the right kid, but I suppose this is my karma: I was horrible for sitters and lovely for my parents, and G seems to be the opposite.

Going home was wonderful, though not the actual traveling part. I will never fly alone with young kids again. It was a mess. The stroller makes things so much more complicated, and the TSA agent was a total terror about moving along quickly--no line behind me, 6 months pregnant and trying to get all our carry ons and G out of the stroller plus folding and lifting it. But no help offered. He did not sleep at all during the first flight, though he had a brief nap in the car on the way to Pensacola. When we got to Dallas, we found out we were late and had to make our connection in 30 minutes in a different terminal. After our stroller was finally unloaded (15 minutes at least) we hoofed it to the gate to find out the gate was on the other end of the terminal. I asked the man at the gate if he could call a cart (6 months pregnant, remember?) and he told me "It's not that far, you can walk." I'm amazed I didn't stab the asshole. When I got to the correct gate, I found out we had an hour delay. G and I were seated in middle seats across the aisle from each other; it took them the entire delay to suss this out. Meanwhile G melted down about 5 times and was a screaming, hungry mess who wouldn't eat the food I got him as we got on the plane. He was still a mess on the plane, but finally passed out about an hour before we landed. I really hoped he'd stay asleep, but when I picked him up, he woke up. Then he peed through his diaper, all over me. That was awesome. We'd already had one diaper blowout, so I didn't have another extra onesie. He didn't sleep the entire way home, which took about two hours since the baseball game let out and they decided to close two lanes of the bridge (genius, obviously). During the second flight I almost asked the stewardess for some brandy...and not for me. Let me reiterate: NEVER. AGAIN.

We had a great time. Mom's vacation started to kick off her sabbatical, so she didn't have to be at work.
We took him shopping and out to lunch and even to the park for about 2 hours. He was still on a central time schedule, falling asleep for nap between 11 and 12, though bedtime was still around 7 or 8. We played outside because mama can handle the heat as long as there's no humidity. I'm a little bummed I missed the Harry Potter themed session at camp, but we had so much fun. On Saturday, I was lucky enough to be able to make it to my adopted grandmother's memorial service. I adopted the couple as grandparents through church, and had only recently found out Jeane had passed away. I hadn't seen Bob in years, but I was happy I got to introduce him to G (who had a tantrum halfway through the service before falling asleep and only waking up as we left) and seeing him again. He didn't recognize me. I got a lot of double takes because a lot of people at that church remember me as a 7 year old, and now I'm pregnant with my second (which a lot of people didn't know either). It was nice to see some of the people I haven't seen in years, and I was grateful that the timing worked out to allow me to be able to attend the service.

Then we took G to the steam train at Tilden Park. I don't think he realized people could ride on trains. He had a BLAST. Much like Disneyland, his face was just slack with complete and total overstimulation, soaking everything in. Every time the whistle blew, he leaned out the side to look at the engine car. He just loved it! We rode the train twice, and I think I did a good job of getting him to leave. We waved goodbye to the train and he blew it kisses and we made it back to the car without seeing it go by! WIN! The carousel was closed, but that was ok because he passed out about two second after driving off. He was just so excited. It was so much fun to watch him with these things. He's a very stereotypical boy: very active, and he loves trucks and trains. Someone from my mom's congregation got us a gift for the new baby, and one for G as well. She hit a home run: it was a pop up book of TRUCKS. I think I read it to him at least 50 times before we even left California! (It got hidden a few times, I have to admit).

And yes, I did eat cheddar and sour cream chips dipped in nutella. It didn't taste as good as it sounded to me, but I did eat like half the bag, and it grows on you. This is the only weird craving I've had out of both of my pregnancies.

27 weeks: Baby Girl is the size of a moon jelly

Baby bump is steadily growing, and so is our babe

No comments:

Post a Comment