My adventures in pregnancy, motherhood and beyond

Please enjoy the musings and updates and leave me a comment if you'd like!

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

26 Weeks

How far along: 26 weeks
Total weight gain: ?
Favourite clothes: Sweatpants
Sleeping: Pretty well
Best Moment: Getting my hair done for the first time since January
Worst Moment: Bedtime
Miss anything: A dishwasher
Cravings: Seafood. I love seafood!
New symptoms: Pregnancy rage
Looking forward to: Going home!!
Crafting: Still working on that scarf, but I need a crochet project to break up the knitting, and I've GOT to cast on our little Mermaid's cupcake hat soon


I'm so far behind on these posts, so this one will be a bit sparse.

It wasn't a bad week. Our Father's Day was pretty chill. I got up early with G, letting James sleep and made some blueberry muffins (I had to go buy some aluminum muffin tins actually!) I gave him the gifts I'd made and we spent the afternoon at Home Depot and Lowe's dealing with house stuff. It was just a really relaxed day.

James technically had Monday off work since it was between sessions, but even then he still has to work a lot to prep for the next session. We did find a pretty good Mexican restaurant finally though! It was really family friendly; there were 3 other families with kids around G's age, and our entire meal (with margarita for James) cost less than $20. The enchiladas were flavourful and the salsa was great. I can't wait to go back. I've missed Mexican food SO MUCH since we moved. I know I won't be finding anything lose to the shrimp enchiladas from Gabbi's (dream-worthy, literally) but finding a decent place is good. No alfredo or pork chops on this menu!

Camp is always a bit difficult. It's long days for James, and we don't get to see much of him. The earliest he gets home is around 11:30, although there have been nights he gets home around 3 am or so because he has paperwork, etc to finish. It's been a big adjustment aside from how much we see James: no reliable internet, no cable and worst of all no dishwasher! The internet we've gotten around with the hotspot and the lack of cable is a bit of a blessing since it cuts down on how much TV we watch (even though there are days when I really wish we had Disney Jr since I'm so exhausted) but the dishwasher is just a nightmare. I hate washing bottles and sippy cups. James has been great about washing the dishes a lot of the time, but I still dread it (and it isn't a divided sink so it just fills with dirty dishes and nowhere to fill up a pot, etc). Our babysitter is also amazing about this and washes whatever dishes are in the sink, not just the one she used to feed G (I try to clean up most before she gets here though because I feel bad about it).

Our 4th wedding anniversary was Thursday. Like with my birthday, it was in the middle of a session,  so celebrating got pushed off til between sessions. I can't believe it's been four years already and I really can't wait to see where the next few years take us. I got James a card that said "I can't wait to grow old with you. Or go insane, depending on how crazy parenting makes us." I felt it was appropriate. Bedtimes have been challenging this week, but I'll leave that for his monthly update.

It also seems crazy that we're fast approaching the third trimester! This pregnancy has been so different from my first one that it's almost like being pregnant for the first time (except for the toddler with too much energy for me...) I have another OB appointment next week, and we'll set up the second ultrasound then, so we get to check in our baby girl's growth soon!


26 weeks: Mermaid is the size of a clown tang

Traditional side-on picture. She's growing!

No comments:

Post a Comment