My adventures in pregnancy, motherhood and beyond

Please enjoy the musings and updates and leave me a comment if you'd like!

Monday, April 14, 2014

15 Weeks

How far along: 15 Weeks
Total weight gain: -7
Favourite clothes: A pair of gray yoga pants from target. Black shows too much dog hair
Sleeping: Decently, though it was difficult to sleep with James gone and a sick baby
Best Moment: Hearing the heartbeat it always a highlight for me
Worst Moment: Sometimes I just get down in a funk and feel really lonely and like the friends we have don't like us. I had a night like that this past week and it always make me just want to curl up in bed and cry.
Miss anything: Just the usual off limits things
Cravings: Sweets, BLT (still), salmon, nectarines, blood oranges
New symptoms: ACNE.
Looking forward to: April 28, ultrasound to check out all the organs and the baby's sex!
Crafting: Most of my crafting supplies are packed up right now, which is making me crazy because I want to make something! But I'm still working on the gnome outfit and the monster pants

Monday: We had another OB appointment Monday. I ended up being late because as I was driving to the appointment, I saw a dog on the side of the road. As I passed, he tried to run up to my car. I pulled over, thinking there'd be a tag on his collar, but no luck. He looked like his leg may have been injured at some point--he was walking kinda funny, and sat funny too. I called animal control to take him to the humane society and waited with him while they came. He was such a sweetheart, but would not get in my car for anything, not even animal crackers. I even lifted him in, and he jumped right out. Eventually, two guys who live down the road came out, and brought some rope for me to use as a leash. They ended up taking him so I could leave for my appointment, and I got a call from the guy who was picking him up about a half mile down the road--he'd seen the guys with the golf cart and dog, so I know he got picked up ok. I really hope they find either his owners or a new family for him because he was a sweet dog. (I was late, but the doctor understood; I had called ahead of time to explain)

Tuesday: I was running some errands and ended up in the yarn section at Michael's. A woman was there with her 2 year old son, who had just as much understanding of "indoor voice" as G. He was adorable and we struck up a conversation. Turns out she lives right around the corner from our house, so I've already met a nearby mom! We exchanged contact information and she told me to call her once we get settled. Hopefully I've found a playdate for G and a mommy date for me!
I got a call after this that G had a fever of 101 and had to be picked up. Luckily, James was able to leave work and get him (I was 45 minutes away). Poor guy was pretty hot and congested when I got home.

Wednesday: G couldn't go back to daycare on Wednesday, so I kept him home for a sick day. We watched too much TV and rested a lot. He developed a pretty nasty cough that kept him from getting much rest and we're still dealing with it now. His fever broke, and he felt much better by Thursday. The congestion and cough got so bad I ended up confronting my irrational fear of a pillow in his crib and putting one in. The only difference it seemed to make is that his bed head is now way worse. He moves around so much he hardly stays on the pillow anyways.
It might be teething. Fever, tummy problems, biting, lack of appetite...only time will tell if those molars are coming in because I'm definitely not getting my fingers anywhere near his mouth nowadays.

Thursday-Saturday: James hosted his first conference at Beckwith this weekend: Adults Who Work with Youth. Thursday we went to Pensacola to pick up his guest speaker, tacking on a trip to a hardwood flooring store and Sam's to pick up smoke/CO detectors. Since he'd be coming home after 11 pm and would have to be there by 8 am, he decided to just stay at camp, which meant two nights and three days without Daddy. G is all about Dad right now, so it's been difficult, and taking care of a sick baby who's not getting much sleep means a lot of stress and sleepless nights for me too. He ended up peeing on the floor of our bedroom right after I took him off the potty, and then I picked up a dead frog, thinking it was a dust bunny. I scared G because I screamed, loudly, for about a full minute. I wanted to wash my hand in bleach, but had to deal with it on my own. I joined the conference for lunch on Friday, and even though it ended Saturday morning, James didn't get back until 4 or so. Gee, I can't wait for summer camp.

Other than G's cold, it's been a pretty good week, although I'm realizing that the fatigue I indulged in with the last pregnancy was a true luxury. That just doesn't happen now. Not only is there a demanding little Tasmanian devil running my life these days, but even when he's not home, I need to use that time to empty/load the dishwasher, prep food, clean up after him, do laundry, run errands, get groceries, etc. His naps have gotten so short that I barely have time to shove food in my mouth and unload the dishwasher before he wakes up, so I can't get as much done during nap time now.

ALSO. I MAY have felt the baby kick Thursday night. I know it's really early, but it's only about a week and a half before last time, and it definitely felt like kicks. Yay!

15 Weeks: Baby 2 is the size of Nemo!
(Ignore the floopy hair)

Starting to feel like a little goldfish is swimming around in my belly too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment