My adventures in pregnancy, motherhood and beyond

Please enjoy the musings and updates and leave me a comment if you'd like!

Saturday, May 17, 2014

20 Weeks

How far along: 20 weeks
Total weight gain: ?
Favourite clothes: My one pair of maternity shorts and skirts. Humidity sucks.
Sleeping: I'm waking up pretty frequently. It's kind of annoying actually
Best Moment: Lunch with a friend
Worst Moment: A pretty good week. G throws tantrums, but that's par for the course with his age
Miss anything: The usual: sushi, mixed drinks, wine, prosciutto
Cravings: Ice cream!
New symptoms: Nothing new, just same old same old symptoms. I'm still waiting for the second trimester energy to kick in, but with a toddler, I don't think it'll be coming
Looking forward to: Vacation! It's coming up soon!
Crafting: Finally finishing up the monster pants! Woohoo! Progress!

A pretty relaxing week. I've been working really hard on getting those monster pants done, and I'm so close! Just finishing up the duplicate stitches, since I finally read the instructions on my Embellish Knit machine and got 3 perfect icords for the drawstring waist. I can't wait to put them on G!

We had our new couch delivered on Tuesday; you don't sit IN this couch, it's so nice. And the ends recline, which is neat. I love the colour, which is a grayish brownish mushroom type colour. New side tables, and a media cabinet, and we're ready to get rid of the coffee table and entertainment console and mount the TV on the wall, which should free up a lot of space in the living room. The living/dining room in the house is very long, but also narrow, so when you put in a lot of furniture plus the toddler toys, it makes it very cramped. Unfortunately, we had to order longer cables, so we're waiting for those to arrive before getting the TV mounted. 

I got to have a lovely lunch with a friend on Wednesday. She's pretty close to her due date, so we followed up sushi with ice cream and a walk down to the pier, which was lovely. Down by the water, there was a nice breeze, which was welcome to counteract the humidity (which has been about 80% lately.) It was nice to have lunch and talk to another adult, a female and someone who is also pregnant with her second! I of course, forgot the entire reason for asking her to lunch and left the gnome outfit and baby name book she loaned me at home, so we had to invite them over for dinner on Friday. It was a great dinner, and their son and G got to play a bit; they'll be in the same class this summer and next year, so it'll be good for them to get more used to each other. We had steaks and asparagus and finished with some delicious cookies they brought over. It forced us to clean up the wreck of the living room, too. All of it is in Baby's room right now, but it'll be taken care of...eventually. 

Friday was busy, but not just because of the dinner. I spent most of the day grocery shopping and cooking. I gave in and bought a peeler, but I'm not going to buy another chopper--those tools have to be somewhere. I may have unwrapped everything in 8 kitchen boxes, but they have to be somewhere! I made the shepherd's pie and prepped things for that night, including buffalo chicken dip (yum!) James came home early and we ran by the cabinet place; they had come up with drawings for us and they look fantastic! They found a way to get the spice drawers next to the stove and we moved the fridge to make room for a small pantry and even used the small space in front of the air intake that makes the current pantry useless. I can't wait for it to be done! We also put down a deposit on the countertops. After spending a few hours looking at two wholesalers, we discovered that the quartz we picked was about half the price of the granites we liked, so we decided to go ahead with the quartz. With all of this going on, it made Friday a very busy day, but unfortunately it bled over into Saturday too.

G decided to wake up at 1 am on Saturday morning. James stayed with him for an hour, but he woke up when he left the room, and I ended up going in and spending the rest of the night sleeping on his twin bed. We really need to work on him being able to fall asleep alone again, but I hate finding him on the floor every night. Anyways, I didn't sleep very well, and when he decided he was good and awake (and not just dozing like before) at 7:15, I got James up so I could get a bit of a rest before going to dance. Since James was working, I took G to dance with me. Of course, he fell asleep on the car ride there, but once we arrived, he woke up. He was pretty out of it for a while, but once the music came on, he had a blast running around. He ran between our lines during the ceilidh dance, and I spent a lot of time trying to keep him out of the way, though I did end up carrying him for a step or two (I do not recommend this, especially when pregnant!) He had started trying to imitate us, and seeing him turn when we were practicing turns was adorable. When we did hard shoe, he stood up with us and stomped his feet like he was trying to do hard shoe too. It was pretty adorable. But by then, it had been almost 2 hours, and he was getting tired, so he was pretty fussy. He fell asleep on the way home, and I grabbed some lunch while he slept. He woke up when we got home, but even with an hour and a half nap in the car, it wasn't a good rest. When James got home, we ended up going appliance shopping. We decided on our appliances for the kitchen, and got a really good deal on them. I'm really excited to see the kitchen all done, and to have a gas stove to cook on again! G did as well as you could expect with little sleep and a long day: he kept wanting to crawl onto the ride on mowers. I was glad when we finally headed home after picking up our kitchen floor sample. It was a drive through kind of night, and G went down with very little fight thank goodness.

It was a pretty good week, but we definitely packed a lot into the last few days. Tomorrow marks week 20, which means that we've hit the halfway point! Yay!!!

20 weeks: Baby Girl is the size of a Moorish Idol (Gil from Nemo)
She's higher up than G was and waaaaay more in front!

No comments:

Post a Comment