My adventures in pregnancy, motherhood and beyond

Please enjoy the musings and updates and leave me a comment if you'd like!

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Big Brother G

That's right, time to pull out the chalkboard again!

We're so excited to announce that we're expecting Baby number 2 on or around September 28, 2014!

I've been feeling pretty good so far, just some morning (evening) sickness and a lot of fatigue. We found out about a week after my gallbladder surgery, but our doctor assured us that it was so early that there shouldn't be any ill effects and all the medicines I was on afterwards were safe. We've been dying to tell everyone and yesterday we got to hear the heartbeat! It sounded just like a horse galloping along. It's starting to feel real! (Plus, I can now start wearing my maternity shirts, because you do start showing earlier the second time)

Note on the photo: My idea was that you'd be able to see the "Maternity Clothes" sign on the box, but hopefully the idea came across. This was one of the few where G wasn't running around or with his back to us. Nonetheless I think it turned out pretty cute--already exhausted by the idea of a sibling ;)


"Being a big brother is already exhausting!"


This was about the 5th time unpacking and "repacking" the box of clothes

How far along:
10 weeks
Total weight gain: -7 lb
Maternity Clothes: I'm a little bloated and showing a bit, so I can get away with them, but they're not necessary yet
Sleep: I'm having trouble falling and staying asleep. I get up at least twice a night
Best moment: Hearing the heartbeat
Miss anything: Margaritas, sushi
Movement: Baby, no. Mama, no. I have an appointment with a PT to look at my hip pain, which is back with a vengeance
Cravings: Jelly Bellys, Sprinkles cupcakes (Atlanta is the closest!), blackberries, veggies
Queasy: Every evening, starting around 3 pm and first thing in the morning. If I don't keep something in my stomach it's worse
Symptoms: Morning sickness, fatigue, hip pain
Looking forward to: Everything! I'm excited to be pregnant again and so excited for G to be a brother!! I can't wait til I get some energy back!

1 comment:

  1. That is so great. And yes, it shows earlier the second time. With 8 weeks being pregnant I could not deny it much longer ;). xxx Miriam

    ReplyDelete