My adventures in pregnancy, motherhood and beyond

Please enjoy the musings and updates and leave me a comment if you'd like!

Monday, August 6, 2012

28 Weeks

(Still catching up. 30 weeks starts 8/7)

Officially in the third trimester! Yay! I was talking to James about how quickly time seems to have gone, but James also pointed out that it feels like forever since our trip to Israel, which is true. Time is so completely, totally relative and bizarre.

This week was off to an interesting start. Tuesday was pretty rough. My back hurt so bad that even walking around the house was causing me a lot of pain, but I still had some errands to run. Hopefully it does get better and start feeling better. It's been hard enough to get any exercise, but with the back pain it's been impossible. When I went to Costco to get my glasses fixed, I ran to the bathroom, and when I exited, the guy who checks receipts said "I don't like you" to me. Or at least, that's what it sounded like. It was bizarre; he looked like such a sweet, old man, smiling and chatting with the person in front of me, and then says that to me. What the heck?! Also, Wallaby started kicking super hard after a mid-afternoon nap. In fact, so hard that I saw my belly move for the first time! It was SO weird and so cool at the same time!! I love when he kicks. I'm sure it'll get old eventually, but for now, it's so reassuring, I wish he would kick all the time. He doesn't kick very often or hard most of the time, which makes me worry a lot, but I've been told by my doctor's office not to worry, and am being told constantly by James not to worry, but that seems to be my fallback brain activity lately. Either way, it makes me appreciate all of his kicks.

It was a pretty chilled out week. We spent the weekend in Coronado with a friend and her beau, to celebrate her 25th birthday. It was a really relaxing weekend; we didn't push ourselves to do much, although James and I had stuff to do at the house. James fixed the upstairs toilet that wasn't working, but had to call a plumber to help replace the washer valve. He'd fixed one of them earlier, but they're so corroded that the threads weren't holding and to fix it properly you need a special tool that only plumbers have. We also finally replaced the pool cover, but they don't have the exact size, so we had to cut it down to fit. It covered more than the entire yard. We took the pups to the beach and let Pip run around before taking them to get their nails trimmed. They were in desperate need of this, but Pippin was not happy about it. She did remarkably well though, even though she was shaking so hard I thought she might break. James also cleaned the house, vacuuming and mopping the floors while I dusted everything. It was a lot of work, but it was still a nice weekend. We got to spend time with Vanessa and Mike and watch some Olympics and got cupcakes at the Coronado Cupcakery for her birthday. I swear, everytime we have a good idea for a business, it ends up happening: candy store in the circle in Orange, cupcake shop in Coronado, refurbishing the movie theatre in Coronado...maybe there's a gremlin in my brain outsourcing my good ideas lol. All in all, it was a good weekend with good friends and good food (we cooked all meals ourselves!)

Monday was a boring day; I spent the day putting off my errands and napping with Moose on the couch. He was just so darn cute; he curls up right under my chin or stretches out right alongside me. I love my puppies so much! I've also been reading more of my fluff stuff; this time I had cooking, fortune telling and knitting -based murder mysteries. They're so fun and such easy reads! I finish about one a day. I'll need to go to the library again soon though since I finished all the books. The crochet is also coming along nicely. I finished my first washcloth and now I'm making another one for practice before starting on the pumpkin hat. I did do a bit in the nursery, but not as much as I'd like to get done. I know it'll happen, and I feel much better with a plan.



How far along: 28 weeks! Second trimester! 
Total weight gain: I'm guessing somewhere in the neighborhood of 15-20 lbs
Favourite clothes: I snagged a pair of James' boxer shorts to use as pyjamas since it's so hot here
Sleeping: Horribly. Whenever I lie on my side (ie: whenever I lie down), I feel like my ribs are being crushed after an hour and have to switch sides
Best moment: When I picked Moose up for cuddles and he fell asleep in my arms
Worst moment: This weekend was a little rough since I was feeling a bit anti-social, but it was still relaxing and good to see friends
Miss anything: Being able to go to dance! I miss it so much...and watching the Olympics is NOT helping.
Cravings: Nothing I've absolutely had to have, but eggs sound really good
New symptoms: This rib-crushed feeling
Looking forward to:  Labour Day weekend, James having Fridays off!
Pregnancy brain moments: I can't speak correctly
Listening to: This Season by Seven Nations
Crafting: Coasters, crocheting, painting, etc
Baby projects: I'm still practicing for that hat and I need to get on the painting, mobile, organization of the nursery and now I want to crochet those cowboy boots too!

Whoo! Third Trimester!

28 Weeks: Third (and final!) Trimester! Yay!

28 week belly

And the bump keeps growing

No comments:

Post a Comment