My adventures in pregnancy, motherhood and beyond

Please enjoy the musings and updates and leave me a comment if you'd like!

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

38 Weeks

Only 14 days left! I know the due date is just a guess, and I have this feeling he's going to be a bit late, but it's still exciting to have a countdown! I have a feeling he's going to show up sometime on the 19th. Anyone else want to offer a guess?

It was a pretty relaxed week, which is good because I'm so easily exhausted now. I had lunch with a friend of mine on Tuesday afternoon and ran a few errands afterwards. It's mostly just little things now instead of big ones. Wednesday and Thursday were spent at work, but James and I went to the young adult group Wednesday night, where we watched the presidential debates. The relaxing effects of crochet are completely negated by the debates. And I wish I didn't have to go into work the next day; usually I can just let my boss' political comments roll off my back, but it's been getting harder and harder. Oh well, only 2 weeks left and I'll be off work for about a month after the election's over!

We got the carpets cleaned Friday morning, and they showed up 20 minutes early, just like the exterminators. Luckily, James hadn't gotten into the shower yet, though he had the water on and was about to step in when they knocked. We rushed around, getting as much as possible off the carpets--on the bed, in the crib, in the kitchen or on the patio. They were great--even moving furniture and cleaning underneath. After a few days with fans going, the carpets are pretty dry. The doctor's appointment showed some small progress--my blood pressure wasn't elevated at all and I'm a tiny bit dilated (0.5 cm) which is some progress. It seems he'll probably follow his marching orders and not show til after the wedding. When we got home, I managed to reorganize my entire bathroom and all those drawers of stuff, including going through my incredibly large stash of makeup (the stuff I am no longer keeping fills a gallon size ziploc bag). I was exhausted, but it felt good to get something done. James picked up some enchiladas from our favourite Mexican place (along with chips and salsa YUM) so we didn't have to cook or clean up.

The rest of the weekend was spent running errands. Usually I'm ok, but between hip pain, stomach pain and a tension headache that randomly appears at the back of my skull, I end up quite grouchy sometimes--James is truly the most patient man I know. We dropped James' car to get his back windows tinted, something he's wanted to do for a while and helpful for shade in the back. We got gas, braved the Costco crowds, did a Target run, stopped at two different Babies R Us-es and three Macy's to find nursing bras, got the wedding presents for Friday (though now we need wrapping paper!), stopped by Home Depot and ended up exhausted both nights. Luckily, we had some easy meals, but sadly, I missed my little's bachelorette party as I was sacked out on the couch by 8:30 (apparently they had barely gotten started by then).

Monday I ran some more errands--a Skype date in the morning, followed by my sugaring appointment, then a quick stop at the library for some more books before meeting James for lunch. After lunch, I got the groceries we'd need before heading home to work on the baby book with the photos from Costco. I got some of it done, but sadly I got glue all over one photo when I had to pull it up and re-place it, so I have to go pick up another set of photos before I can finish that. In sorting laundry I also learned that the clerks at the Macy's in Westminster forgot to remove their ink tag security device from one of the bras, which means I have to find time at some point next week to go down there and get it removed. It's not like the next few days are going to be busy enough--between the wedding happenings and my last two days of work, I'm not sure when I'll have time to wrap the wedding presents, let alone get to Macy's or run any of the other going out errands I have to do before baby arrives. I know there will be stuff I don't get done, but I'd like to do as much as possible.

How far along: 38 Weeks
Total weight gain: +37 lbs
Favourite clothes: My nightgown. And a blanket.
Sleeping: Pretty well, despite early starts in the morning
Best moment: 0.5 cm dilated! That's a little bit of progress at least! 
Worst moment: Heartburn. I really, really hate heartburn.
Miss anything: Not being pregnant
Cravings: Nothing in particular, though salads are delicious
New symptoms: Heartburn. Also, the skin on my stomach is numb. And itchy. It's bizarre...
Looking forward to: Laura and Chris' wedding on Friday! Whoo!
Pregnancy brain moments: I keep switching words. Like Spoonerisms, but with complete words instead of letters. It's quite annoying.
Listening to: Mumford & Sons
Crafting: I finished the cocoon on Sunday!It looks cute, even though it's SUPER long...
Baby projects: I definitely didn't get everything done I wanted to, but that's ok.

38 Weeks: Wallaby is the size of a watermelon!

I like these belly and board photos because I'm ridiculously swollen, but you can't tell as much in these photos

38 week profile shot

How is this size even possible?

No comments:

Post a Comment