My adventures in pregnancy, motherhood and beyond

Please enjoy the musings and updates and leave me a comment if you'd like!

Monday, October 7, 2013

Big News!

James and I have some HUGE news that we're excited to share with you all!

James has accepted a job as Diocesan Youth Coordinator and Summer Camp Director for the Diocese of the Gulf Coast and Beckwith Camp and Conference Center! This means that we'll be moving to Alabama in less than a month! (PS: I know you thought we were pregnant again!)

It's absolutely terrifying and totally exciting. I'm thrilled to start on this new adventure, but even a cross-town move is overwhelming for me, and we're moving almost clear across the country! It'll be so nice to be closer to his family, but I'm also sad that my family and friends will be farther away.

Beckwith is the camp that James grew up attending and working at. It's on the outskirts of Fairhope, AL, which is an adorable little town that we had fun exploring when we visited for his interview earlier last month. Click here for more information on the camp. It's absolutely beautiful, and we are so excited to be back in the Episcopal Church. When James first read me the job description, my first thought was that it seemed to have been written with him in mind; he is excited to be back in youth ministry and even more excited to be making use of his Recreation Management degree.

We will be living in the town of Bon Secour, an unincorporated town whose population is less than 1,000. It'll be quite a change from Orange County. There are plenty of larger cities nearby though. Foley has outlet stores, and Mobile and Pensacola, FL are each about an hour away. But you don't have to take our word for it: come visit us! We don't want to lose touch with our beloved friends, so come visit and bug me on facebook since I'm terrible about keeping in touch.

We're still working out exact dates, but James will start work on or before November 1, so it's all happening really quickly. I'll make my excuses here and apologize for delayed posts and I'm placing a hold on my goals for right now. I'll do my best to get up G's 1 year post in short order, however. Look forward to new posts, and maybe even a new segment: "A Californian in the South" maybe :)

I can't wait to start this new chapter in our lives!


Here's a few photos of the camp:

In the gazebo on the pier


Beckwith sits between Mobile Bay and Weeks Bay


2 comments:

  1. I love you and am looking forward to this new adventure together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessings on this new adventure! We are so excited for you all!!

    ReplyDelete