My adventures in pregnancy, motherhood and beyond

Please enjoy the musings and updates and leave me a comment if you'd like!

Friday, April 20, 2012

Weeks 12 and 13

Exciting times ahead. The more people we let know, the more reactions and memories we collect. My favourites were definitely the calls we made to two girls from James' first youth group; both of them squealed and had no idea of the reason we were calling (unlike my friends, who know me too well and know I hate phones). The questions we get are generally predictable: "Is it a boy or a girl" (we won't know for about a month) and "How is Emmi feeling?" (This one generally comes from older people, or those who have been pregnant before).

To answer that question, I am feeling so much better! While my emotions are still a bit of a roller coaster (being hormonal and prone to tears does help with Apple's customer service though), I have a lot more energy. Usually it's earlier in the day, so I still haven't been back to dance, and I've missed belly dance a few times due to exhaustion and other symptoms. The morning sickness has pretty much abated except for a few instances of nausea. Nothing like the past few months though, thank goodness.

My mom came to visit for a few days last week and we had a great time. Unfortunately, some kidney stone pain flared up on Friday and knocked me out for the afternoon, so I wasn't great company, but we did have all of Saturday together. We spent our Saturday shopping! We had a great time, trying on clothes, seeing what worked and what didn't. I'm not really that opposed to maternity clothes. The only thing is that there's not much selection: any selection there is, is stuck in the back of the women's section and has maybe two racks (if you're lucky). I guess we could've gone to maternity store, but I refuse to pay that much for normal clothes, let alone clothes I'll only be wearing for 6 months or so. (Yes I'm already wearing them and yes they're a little big, but they're much more comfortable). So we had a great time finding things that would work and trying colours. Even finding a bathing suit wasn't so difficult: I found a really cute one that'll work great for Israel (and it's dark, so the mud from the Dead Sea shouldn't stain it too much). James even got some new shoes (if you know James, you know this is huge: he has foot problems, so finding shoes that don't hurt him is a big challenge). I hope our children get his hair, teeth, and intestines, but my feet. :) Anyways, I had a great time and it was really nice to see my mom. I was sorry Dad couldn't be there, but I promised a skype date fashion show and tour of the apartment, so that'll be something to look forward to!

I've seen this on a few blogs, and thought I'd give it a go. Let me know what if you think I should keep it.
How far along:  13 weeks 
Total weight gain:   I've lost about 5 lbs since we found out
Maternity clothes:   Yes. I dress for comfort, so I'm already wearing them.
Stretch marks:   A few. I should probably use my coconut oil more regularly since it seems to be working really well
Sleep:   Tossing and turning. Woke up with heartburn this morning--yuck
Best moment this week:   Hearing the baby's heartbeat for the first time
Miss anything:   Margaritas, spicy tuna rolls and brie en croute. Oh and being able to get through a movie without peeing 5 times.
Movement:   Not yet. I'm hoping to feel something while we're in Israel!
Cravings:   Yes--five layer dip with hint of lime tortilla chips. YUM. Oh, and sushi.
Queasy?:   Not really. Nothing triggers it.
Gender:   Don't know yet!
Symptoms:   Heartburn, peeing all the time, and some others I don't care to mention
Belly button in or out?:   In
Wedding ring on or off?:   On
Happy or moody?:   While my mood swings, I'm generally happy
Looking forward to:   Our trip to Israel, the 20 week ultrasound, spending the weekend catching up on sleep and crafts


James: "Crafting exploded"
I've been scouring craft sites at work and the other night I pulled out my craft ottoman and organized everything. James came home halfway through: craft supplies spread out all over the coffee table, me in the middle of the sofa, poring through beads with supplies all over the couch as well--nowhere for him to sit or for us to put down plates with dinner. And the dogs relegated to the floor so they don't upset the beads. Harry Potter on the tv, much to James' delight (that was sarcasm for anyone who doesn't know James well). Combined with my desire to clean up my entire 20 gig music collection, I think nesting, or at least pre-nesting has begun. Maybe I'll go clean freak (that would be helpful and make our apartment look nicer lol) but for right now it's just organization. And it's already been helpful. I have a few projects in mind, including some Mother's Day gifts for our moms.

Well, I promised James that I would get some work done before he gets home, so I need to work on that. Plus, I'm really hungry and want a snack, so I'll leave you with some photos (look for week 13 a bit later, we have to retake them because I'm picky and didn't like the location)

12 weeks: Baby's heart is beating at 152 bpm

12 week baby bump. It's definitely there.

No comments:

Post a Comment